To our customers:
We want to provide you with an update on how Somers Title is responding to the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. As always, the health and safety of our customers, employees and all who enter our office is our highest priority. We are actively following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We have put in place enhanced cleaning measures including the following:
- Disinfecting heavily trafficked areas and high-touch surfaces throughout our office.
- Disinfecting doors, chairs, and closing tables after each closing.
- Only issuing pens to each person at closing and then having each person take the pen with them after closing.
- Also, employees are following proper hygiene of washing hands with soap for the recommended time of 20 seconds and using hand sanitizer.
We always put our customers and employees first. Our staff is working hard to maintain a clean, healthy and safe environment for all who enter our building.
PROCEDURES REGARDING CLOSINGS
For the time being, in-office closings are limited only to persons signing.
We now have GLOVES available for sellers, buyers or those who are refinancing.
We have added the following options for closing:
- We can email or FedEx documents and go over documents by phone. Although, many of the documents need to be notarized.
- We can notarize and witness from the parking lot of our office or, if local and prefer a mobile notary, call for their fee.
- Need to know if mobile notary well in advance to let the lender know the fee to add to CD or can send by FedEx.
- If the customer comes to our office and wants their Realtor or lender to be a part of the closing we can offer either Skype or Zoom video conferencing.